QUALITY CONTROL LEAD
Full Time Position · Multiple Shifts Available · Memphis, TN
This position is directly accountable for leading the Quality Control (QC) services team members, especially relating to day-to-day client-facing quality control functions performed as a service to EVERSANA clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Our people leaders are tasked with delivering excellent business results through the efforts of their teams. These results are achieved by:
- Quality Control oversight including but not limited to:
- Reading and interpretation of temperature monitoring devices
- Release of product from quarantine based on client direction and document review
- Sample Labeling
- Client specific SOP creation / execution
- Ad-hoc QC requests related to contractual requirements
- Ensuring the above QC activities are performed independently from other operational activities
- Administrative Management
- Management of SOP compliance
- Conception, development and execution of plans for process improvement
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
People leaders must possess both the skills to effectively accomplish these tasks and the emotional intelligence to do so in alignment with our cultural values. In addition to the critical management and leadership tasks listed above, this role also includes the following unique responsibilities:
Responsible for and oversee their respective department.
- Interview, select and supervise the activities of the department staff; communicate, interpret and discuss with team the company policies and procedures
- Determine job objectives, work methods and performance standards; review performance relative to departmental objectives; discussion appraisal with each employee and performance; authorize and communicate salary changes, promotions, transfers, discipline and discharge and administer all other personnel actions
EXPECTIONS OF THE JOB
- The incumbent is expected to manage consistent performance to ensure client satisfaction as it relates to all QC service functions including quarantine release, temperature data logger management, creation and execution of client specific SOPs and sample labeling
- The incumbent is expected to manage the composition (as required), audit and revision of all relevant SOPs and to ensure that training is performed and documented
- The incumbent is expected to provide periodic status reports and to communicate with management regarding QC issues/trends with recommendations for continuous improvement
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, education, knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years of QA, QC or related experience in an FDA regulated product environment
- Language Skills – Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential to this position
- Analytical Skills – The position is project/ task oriented but is also focused on data analysis, trend analysis and other statistical analysis requiring complex tools
- Strong reasoning/problem-solving skills
- A good working knowledge of QC-related SOPs and the fundamentals of compliance in the life science industry
- Strong leadership, planning, organizational capabilities and the ability to utilize strong teamwork skills with other departments are needed
- Strong personal value system linked to ensuring that QC functions are performed in an independent, unbiased way
- Must be able to efficiently use software and computer programs
- Ability to work with both internal staff and client contacts to foster an environment of trust and interdependence
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The physical and mental requirements along with the work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
While performing the essential functions of this job the employee is frequently required to reach, grasp, stand and/or sit for long periods of time (up to 70% of the shift), walk, talk and hear; occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet, with frequent interruptions and multiple demands.
Complete the Form to ApplyCandidates who meet our qualifications outlined in the job description will be contacted by our Memphis recruiting team.
"*" indicates required fields